Subject: MORE ON THE TRUTH
Date: Sat, 20 Jan 2007
I am getting ready to leave for the Teacher Training sessions today, but I want to give you are few more thoughts concerning the Truth, Jesus. He gives us the truth about manís destiny:
There was a certain rich man, which was clothed in purple and fine linen, and fared sumptuously every day:
And there was a certain beggar named Lazarus, which was laid at his gate, full of sores,
And desiring to be fed with the crumbs which fell from the rich manís table: moreover the dogs came and licked his sores.
And it came to pass, that the beggar died, and was carried by the angels into Abrahamís bosom: the rich man also died, and was buried;
And in hell he lift up his eyes, being in torments, and seeth Abraham afar off, and Lazarus in his bosom.
And he cried and said, Father Abraham, have mercy on me, and send Lazarus, that he may dip the tip of his finger in water, and cool my tongue; for I am tormented in this flame.
But Abraham said, Son, remember that thou in thy lifetime receivedst thy good things, and likewise Lazarus evil things: but now he is comforted, and thou art tormented.
And beside all this, between us and you there is a great gulf fixed: so that they which would pass from hence to you cannot; neither can they pass to us, that would come from thence.
Then he said, I pray thee therefore, father, that thou wouldest send him to my fatherís house:
For I have five brethren; that he may testify unto them, lest they also come into this place of torment.
Abraham saith unto him, They have Moses and the prophets; let them hear them.
And he said, Nay, father Abraham: but if one went unto them from the dead, they will repent.
And he said unto him, If they hear not Moses and the prophets, neither will they be persuaded, though one rose from the dead.
In this true story (not a parable) Jesus tells us:
1. Religious rich men are not saved by their riches.
2. That unsaved men go straight to Hell when they die; vs 22.
3. That those in Hell experience torments; vs 23.
4. That those in Hell can see what they missed by going there; vs 23.
5. That those in Hell cry for mercy; vs 24.
6. That Hell is a place of flames; vs 24.
7. That there is an impassable gulf between where the unsaved go and where the saved go; vs 26.
8. That the unsaved know the condition of his loved ones yet alive on earth; vs 28.
9. That while they are in Hell they still do not understand; vs 30.
10. That if the unsaved will not hear Moses and the prophets they would not hear one that came unto them from the dead; vs 31.
More than ever, we need to get the Gospel to a lost and dying world.